In 50-odd minutes they cover the latest trends they’ve seen the past few years, why your customer must have a seat at the boardroom table, common issues when driving customer focus at a senior level and how to measure it all.
Between Mark and Emma there is a boatload of customer experience across industry on a variety of levels, so no doubt you will come away from this with huge value. One not to be missed, so we hope you enjoy the show.
1.12 – Intro
- Mark Baxter, Marketing Director specialising in customer data and centricity.
- Emma Dark, Chief Customer Experience Officer at S&S, previously ASOS, The White Company and Soho House.
2.25 – What trends are we seeing in the past few years as we focus on customers
- Buffet – you can tell who’s been swimming naked when the tide goes out
- Customers seek authentic brands that resonate with them
- Engagement and experienced led product or service is vital
- CX is the battleground and differentiator in a digital world
- Customer needs to be a strategy across the whole business
7.52 – Customer data and knowing your customer
- Two types. Data and being forensic, but also observing with your own eyes
- This leads your business on the right path to creating something unique
- FMCG and retail, lots of copycats. So you have to differentiate through customer
- Knowing them behaviourally and personalise their experience
- Need to dispel the myths by researching what they really want 🔥
- Focus on the epicentres where you can extract insights
- Customer data isn’t a one-off exercise – it has to become ingrained everywhere 🔥
11.38 – Customer having a seat at the boardroom table
- You have that independent conscience of the customer 🔥
- Shine a light when it’s not the right decision for the customer 🔥
- A single view of the customer across various organisational functions wins
- Set out what the north star strategy actually means and how it resonates
- How do they purchase? What is their journey?
17.06 – Measurements and metrics
- What is the as-is business across all our touchpoints?
- NPS is a strong way of measuring customer satisfaction
- Along with competent scores of that customer journey
- Having multiple measurements and looking at the whole story
- E-commerce is a good way to track that journey and identify problems
22.22 – Customer engagement via social media
- Brewdog – they aren’t just discussing their products, they’re telling a story
- Content and community strategy anchored in values and purpose
- Customer dialogue > advertising
- The opportunity to show your company personality
- Creating a space for user-generated content
28.54 – Common issues when driving customer focus as a senior level
- Thinking you know the customer, but you don’t
- Customer centricity not part of your organisation’s culture
- They don’t understand their ‘why’
- Metrics aren’t strong enough
34.53 – Speed, failing fast and learning quickly
- Case study: Mercadona
- Trust the customer and empowering employees to make quick calls
- Act upon your insights and be proactive
- Where is it practical to get a cohort of your customers involved?
40.14 – Purpose over profit
- Customers are skeptical, you have to walk the walk
- People now actually care about environmental impact of products
- Organisations talking about their people creates authenticity and builds trust
- Purpose has to become the new differentiator
- Stand for something – or you’re in a no-mans land of mediocrity
- Big banks disrupted by customer-centric fintechs.
If you’re interested to hear more about how Sullivan & Stanley solves the change problem and how we empower companies to embrace disruption to thrive tomorrow, check out our services page. Or get in touch.